Watch Also :
|Bholaa Movie In Hindi full HD||[Downlo@d]|
|Farzi Full Web Series in Hindi HD||[Downlo@d]|
|Ullu web series in Hindi HD||[Downlo@d]|
|Shehzada Full Movie HD||[Downlo@d]|
|Karthikeya 2 Full Movie HD||[Downlo@d]|
Fashion design is a form of art. It is the art of creating clothes and along with that, they produce accessories that are related to it. As a field study, academic of fashion designing, it pulls out many disciplines;
- History of fashion designing
- Businesses of fashion designing
If we talk about art, it is said that fashion design is intertwined with culture.
Fashion designing is not limited to only clothes but also includes fabric designing, textile designing and jewelry designing.
Types of fashion design:
- Haute Couture: Couture is a French word, which means dressmaking. Haute means high. These are the clothes which are made as one off pieces for a special client. It is the business of making expensive clothes.
- Luxury Fashion: Luxury fashion is making dresses from high graded material so it lasts long. It is called luxury so it is expensive and provides high quality and excellence.
- Ready-to-wear Fashion: It is the industry, which creates clothes in standard size and not for any particular person. It is manufactured prior and sold in finished condition. It is mainly used for retail and wholesale markets.
- Economy Fashion: Economy fashion makes the most part of a country’s economy. The economy counts how much money has gone into the economy through fashion.
- Fast Fashion: It is a low priced clothes but stylish enough to be in a designer’s house but when it does not sell it moves quickly from designer to retails for selling to meet the trend requirements.
WHY TO STUDY FASHION DESIGNING
- It gives a lot of career opportunities for someone who is creative and ambitious.
- It gives you the knowledge about further education so you can opt for it.
- The course helps you to improve your creativity and teaches you a lot of skills.
- It gives a good amount of money whether you’re working in a company, doing freelancing and have a start up because it is a growing industry and the demand is always high.
- You’ll get the chance to work with experts of the industry and network with them.
- There are always different job positions for various skills.
WHO CAN DO FASHION DESIGNING AND WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA?
Someone who is creative and has an interest in fashion designing can opt for it. There is no eligibility criteria for opting fashion design. Any candidate from any field is eligible to study fashion design. After 12th (higher secondary education) a candidate can go for the course irrespective of the fact whether they are from science , commerce or arts background.
ENTRANCE EXAM FOR FASHION DESIGNING
Entrance exams are conducted to check the knowledge and determination of candidates for the course they are going to opt for. Some exams are conducted nationally but many universities and colleges also conduct their own entrance exam. Some exams are mentioned below:
- NIFT: National Institute of Fashion Technology conducts NIFT exam. This exam is conducted for admission to B.Des , BF.Tech, M.Des , MFM, and MFTech at NIFT campuses. It is a computer based test.
- SEED: Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design. It is also a national level aptitude test for the students who want to do bachelors in fashion designing. This exam is conducted by Symbiosis Institute of Design(SID).
- NID DAT: National Institute of Design. It is the exam for bachelors in designing. This exam is computer based. NID conducts NID DAT(Design Aptitude Test).
- FDDI AIST: Footwear Design & Development Institute. It is a national level exam. FDDI conducts All India Selection Test.
- AIFD WAT: Written Admission Test is conducted by Army Institute of Fashion and Design. It is a university level exam.
- UCEED: Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.
- AIEED: All India Entrance Examination for Design conducted by Arch College of Design & Business. It is a national level exam and courses are available only at Delhi and Jaipur campuses.
- PERAL ACADEMY ENTRANCE EXAM: This exam is conducted by Pearl academy. By this exam you are eligible to go for 40 courses in Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur and Bengaluru campuses.
FEES FOR ENTRANCE EXAM
Fees for the entrance exams are mentioned below:
|EXAMS||GENERAL AND OBC||SC/ST/PWD|
|NIFT||INR 3000||INR 1500|
|SEED||INR 2950||INR 2950|
|NID DAT||INR 3000||INR 1500|
|FDDI AIST||INR 600||INR 300|
|AIFD WAT||INR 1000||INR 1000|
|UCEED||INR 3600||INR 1800|
|AIEED||INR 3000||INR 3000|
|PEARL ACADEMY ENTRANCE EXAM||INR 1500||INR 1500|
FEES TO GET ADMISSION INTO FASHION DESIGNING
Fees of the colleges are mentioned below:
NIFT – INR 2.97 Lakhs (vary according to campus)
NID – INR 2.00 Lakhs
SID – INR 16.20 Lakh
To be more precise, fees for the admission may vary from INR 2 lakhs to INR 17 lakhs.
Online platforms are also available but it is highly recommended to learn from designated colleges or universities so that you can actually learn more because this course requires everything in person.
TOP COLLEGES IN INDIA FOR FASHION DESIGNING
There are ample colleges available for fashion designing courses.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
- NIFT – National Institute of Fashion Technology
- NID – National Institute of Design
- SID – Symbiosis Institute of Design
- Arch Academy of Design
- Footwear Design & Development Institute
- Srishti Manipal – Art, Design and Tech Institute
- KL University Guntur
- Chandigarh University
- Chitkara University
- MIT WPU
- Pearl Academy Delhi
SCOPE OF FASHION DESIGNING
Fashion designing is a hugely demanded course and to meet the requirements a lot of job positions are available.
- Fashion Stylist: They provide fashion suggestions, choosing and matching outfits for influencers or models in photoshoots or in television and film, choosing objectives and accessories with clothes and preparing them for shoots.
- Fashion Designer: They draw designs of clothing, footwear, and accessories. They create original clothes and accessories.
- Fashion Illustrator: They focus on styles of clothing and personal image of one person.
- Fashion Coordinator: They make sure that the updated trends are shown in the clothes of the company they work for.
- Retail Manager: They do a lot of activities including managing warehouses, recruiting and training newcomers, looking at return ratio and implementing store promotions.
- Fashion Blogger: They are the people who actually write about fashion, what is in the trend and post unique outfits and accessories on social media.
- Fashion Consultant: Someone who enhances the image and personality of a client. Guide them towards the fashion sense and make improvements in them.
- Textile designer: Textiles designer draws his creativity on paper for textile. Guide the other works regarding that to make the work done, which is helpful in knitting, weaving processes.
- Accessory Designer: They are the professional designer of accessories.
POTENTIAL OF FASHION DESIGNING
The fashion industry was never below expectations. It was always on demand but nowadays there are not enough designers available to meet the requirements. After completing Bachelors in fashion designing you can go for an internship with a famous designer and after gaining experience of a few months you can work in a firm or open up your own boutique by investing capital. This is a very potential field and the salary is very good to continue doing this work. There are a lot of women who have already started their startups and are earning good money by advertising on social media.
SALARY AFTER DOING FASHION DESIGNING
Salary after doing fashion designing is very good. You can earn a wholesome amount of money which will take care of your raw materials and profits. This industry is like you need to be famous for it. If you’re famous your income will be higher in less time.
Top recruiter for fashion designer are
- Raymond Ltd.
- Silver Spark Apparel Ltd.
The salary for a fashion designer is between INR 2,00,000 and INR 15, 00,000.
Salary of other job roles is also mentioned in the above picture. This is the initial base salary. After gaining experience it will definitely increase.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS YOU WILL GET FROM FASHION DESIGNING
Lot of skills you’ll learn from fashion designing course which are mentioned below:
- Creativity: Under the guidance of a tutor you’ll get a lot of creativity in your mind. You’ll get the ways of doing one sketch in multiple ways. Creativity is the most important as your mind should be creative for design.
- Patience: While learning about fashion designing, when you’re making a design you have to make many attempts for the perfect sketch. These all come with calmness and patience. You have to develop this skill but by working and while learning you’ll get this skill.
- Not give up attitude: It is a very important skill because in the fashion industry you need to get updated and have to do your best. If you’re not doing good at some point of time that doesn’t mean you have to give it up.
- Which courses I’ll study during Bachelors in fashion designing?
- Elements of Fashion & Design.
- Fashion Ornamentation.
- Fashion Management and Merchandising.
- Computer-Aided Designing (CAD)
- Fashion Marketing.
- Clothing Culture and Communication.
- Pattern Making & Garment Construction.
- Fashion Illustrations
4 years of bachelor’s with many specializations
Yes, you can definitely go for the course after 12th, if you have completed it from any stream but with a recognized board of education.
Definitely yes but it is advised to gain some experience from designer so that you’ll not fave any difficulty.
If you want to go into recognized institute then you have to appear for the exam but there are many private institutes which provide the course (refer college website if you have to appear for the exam or not)